Sunday, July 17, 2005

*sigh*

I have news, sorta. I had an abnormal pap test about three months ago, had a colposcopy late last month, and found out that I have a mild dysplasia (kind of like a cyst) in my cervix. Basically they have to go in, numb the area and dig it out. I'm not happy but rather fairly worried. I mean I can't really afford it so John's said he's going to take care of it (i.e. pay me back via my credit card) but I wonder how quickly he can do that considering my college money is due the very same day as my appointment (assuming I change it to installments, which I'm going to do, that may be possible but over a couple of weeks). *sigh*

We had talked about doing the courthouse route to take care of a legal wedding however knowing John we wouldn't really do a "second wedding" just to satisfy my emotional/spiritual felings on it Help!

5 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Yeowch! Not fun.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Moueska said...

I hope that things are okay financially- but as far as wedding issues go... I think you should bully him into a real wedding.

I mean, courthouse is one thing, but a wedding ceremony is another. You deserve an actual ceremony.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

The thing with a "real" wedding is tw words. Money and College. When are we going to have time to do a wedding and honeymoon? The money issue speaks for itself.

7:51 AM  
Blogger T said...

For our honeymoon, we stayed in a hotel not far from home for a few days while hubby was on Spring Break.
It is possible to have it done inexpensively. Want some ideas?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

We've set our budget at $2000 total, which from what I can tell is about a fifth of the average budget for the weddings these days.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home