Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Hey all!

When we first began the TCM, I remember mom having a big problem with it, which if I'm not mistaken is why the name slowly changed to "The Goddesses" I know that at that time I or one of us others (then T, Artemis, Moueska, and Lar) decided that it might be a neat to call ourselves after goddesses. As for Haiti and Virgin Islands, it came from how often we ended up merging Hey and T, when we realized that we were calling T an Island, we chose nicknames according to islands with the same first letter. Mine was "Cyprus." I already had a fondness for Athena or Athene (as is one Grecco version of it is spelled) so it was an easy carry-over. There was one other nickname we had for us that both of you have forgotten- "Then Marians." It's a hat's off to "The Music Man" where Marian Paroo claimed that "I have my standards where men are concerned!" As T, has said we have kind of moved on to our various "priests" (no offense guys!). I am engaged myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Now I remember! She wasn't sure of the use of the word "Mafia". ^_^ The island thing was mainly just you, me, and Moues. At least, I don't remember an island for Lar. Oh yes, "The Marians". Heehee! I had almost forgotten. How I did that, I have no idea.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Moueska said...

That's right! I had all but forgotten. "But mo-om! It's only a club name!" Yeah, she did have issues with it, but I was careful not to let her know we were associating ourselves with mythical and rather paganistic idols. Artemis... Athena... to say that a goddess, in this day and age, is not considered merely mythical and very pagan, will probably get you either a cult following or locked away.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home