Saturday, May 29, 2004

Skipping down memory lane, I trip

I still remember the first time I heard the idea for the TCM, when Moueska came up to me at lunch with an index card with the names and pictures: Red Rose, Pink [T] Rose, White Rose, White Lily, Purple Lilac, and a blue flower that I can't remember, and which doesn't matter, because we never used it. I think it might have been a rose, though. :D I do recall a slight rose obsession. I remember all the notes we wrote to each other, signed with our picture and mafia name, and later our goddess name. All the different and impossible-to-recall ways we used to fold them and decorate the outside. Passing them to each other on the fly in the hall or in the lunch line, with T tapping the Pink Panther theme on the counter with her nails. The car on the cafeteria wall that still had yellow windows, even after the walls were painted white. Bosco sticks. T's chocolate muffin that she picked apart with her fingers to eat, and gave me bits. Mrs. R-K's class, and all the times she told Lar and I to "hush up" but never separated us. The blue gum in Eric's hair. The many, many trips to the library or to Gravois Variety after school Moueska and I embarked on. All the sleepovers that ended at five in the morning after we walked all over the neighborhood in the dark. Moueska's rain dance, and its success. I could just go on and on...But I won't. Perhaps another time.

4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

That's right, the Pink T (Tea) Rose! Thanx!
Boy, those were the days... Hard to believe that that was just a few years ago. I can't decide whether we have more fun now or if we had more fun then!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Moueska said...

Jessi. You need your own blog. Only in the fact that this post epitomizes hella good writing. If you were blogging against me on Hella Fly Hottie, I'da been in trouble. (Well, I was already in trouble just by blogging with Joe, but that's another story.) And you'd better not stop blogging on this blog if you do start another blog. But you ought to have one.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Moueska, you get a prize for being the only person I know who can use the word blog/blogging once for each line in your comment. You get some cheese.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Moueska said...

*dances with cheese*

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home