Monday, June 28, 2004

Sorry I haven't written much in a while...

Moueska knows this, but I went down to Cape Girardeau for a week. My original plan was to take my test on Monday so that I could take that car and explore on my own. The Fates had other plans for me (sometimes you want to throttle those three, wouldn't you agree?). When Grandma Hanschen (John's grandma) supervised my driving over there and so I waited. Unlike any of the places to take the driver's tests in St. Louis, it doesn't take that long before you have a state trooper ready to have you take the test. Although, the trooper wouldn't let me take the test. Because I had failed three time two years ago I needed some letter that I had been sent to take it again. I'll go into more detail on this later on on this. So instead I just had to have his grandma with me all week, it kind of put a damper on my exploration.

I filled out the form for returning students and turned that in, now I need to see about getting my Meramec transcripts. I'm biting my nails as to whether on not they'll let my go back to Cape, otherwise I don't know what I'll do. Apparently a lot of the teachers that I used to have are still going there, a few I'm looking forward to seeing again but a few in scared to see again. A perfect example of this is Dr. Bonnie Steppenoff. Now she herself isn't what's so frightening. I failed my Historic Preservation course miserably. I know I'm going to have to take it again, but she's the only one out of the HP profs that does it.

One of the evenings John and I drove around the area somewhat close to college. The house I adored was still there, and still on sale. We didn't stop to walk around it although John had already been through it and I had drooled over in in my freshamn year of college. We did find a duplex that we thought was nice that was really close to work for John and relatively close to a bike/hike trail. John and I thought that we would like it (that is after we went throught it) so John has finished off the application and he's supposed to send it in. Hope they haven't already rented it.

Most of my weekend was spent lounging, reading and a little exploring of the forest area around his grandma's house.

3 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Wow! Good luck with everything!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

Bad news, John got a call back telling him that the place had been rented out. He drove by to see if there were any others, but no luck. Today he took the whole day off to drive all over looking for a place to rent. I hope we can find one before I have to move. His Grandma's basement is already filled. I doubt it would fit the dining room set, let alone my futon, dining set, etc.

10:17 AM  
Blogger T said...

That sucks! I'm sorry. If you need a temporary place to stay... ^_^

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home