Monday, July 19, 2004

My first day of "freedom"

My last day of work was last Saturday and it felt really surreal. I mean, I've been at the Science Center in some capacity or another for a full seven years and two months and now I've cut all ties. I was down in reservations the whole day and I couldn't enjoy any of the "Moonstock" activites because if it even though I decided to dress the part. Goodbye tantrumish kids who don't want to leave the SC because they are having too much fun, goodbye Segways :( and goodbye great colleagues and lunchtime conversations which result in creative endevours.

Yesterday John and I went to Six Flags and rode most of the rides. A heads up Moues, Tom may not be able to fit in the seats on "The Batman, "Mr. Freeze" or "Xcalibur" (which was a short ride, but it didn't have much of a line because it could fit a lot of people and though was worth the wait). John wasn't really sitting down on "The Batman" because the molded seats didn't fit right for him. I seriously doubt he'll be joining me on that one again, which is sad because as Moues knows, I love that one over all of the coaster rides.

Today John text messaged me to let me know that we got the house he wanted, so we'll be able to begin moving my stuff on next Monday so today I've begun packing my books and breaking down my cube shaped shelves. After tommorrow I'm not going to have any time to do this because I'm going to be in North Carolina with John's family for a memorial service for his grandpa on his dad's side of the family.

BTW, I've got a lot of books at home that I'm trying to get rid of, please let me know of any of you guys want 'em.

5 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Congrats on getting the house! That'll be so cool for you two. Yay! Have you decided on another place to work yet?
I have quite a few books myself, but we'll see. What've ya got?
Have fun with John and the family in North Carolina!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

I have thirteen different paperbacks. I'll post all of the descriptions or here with it's title.

Now and Forever by Kimberly Raye "They were betrothed as children, but Jase Terrell refused his destiny and ran off, defying 'the family.' Now his promised bride is in danger and he's the only one who can save her. Yet she's the one woman who can spell his destruction....

"Kayla has no memory of the ancient ceremony that bound her to Jase. But she feels a special bond to him, one that has her longing for a marriage in her own right. And even though she knows instinctively that they must never touch-never love-lest a dark prophecy come true, they can't walk away from each other...again."

Let's just say that this one I had bought a long time back as a spur of the moment buy and never read it until recently when I forced myself to read anything that I bought but never read. I didn't know why I had wanted to read this book except for the fact that maybe I thought of either Nick Childress (former bf) or Diablo as Jase. It does have undertones relating to Wicca (light vs. dark).

2:14 PM  
Blogger Moueska said...

*pounces on books* Wah-hah! *freezes mid pounce* Wait, are they romance novels? I want to know what I'm getting into, here. *drifts into a standing position* T, I still have someone from your family's copy of The Mists of Avalon (book).

5:11 PM  
Blogger Athene said...

All but two are romance books, although only a few are really "steamy."

5:21 PM  
Blogger T said...

Aha! You have my book! Ok, thank goodness... I was hoping I hadn't lost it. Actually, when you get a chance, if you could give it to my mom, she might be interested in it.
If I read romance novels, I might be interested. But thank you anyway!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home