Tuesday, August 10, 2004

News from Cape

Finally getting settled into the new house. Don't have the library unpacked but John has the computer room partially set up (at least one computer, pretty soon he's supposed to have a wireless setup for my comp, but we're not t0 that part just yet). Just yesterday I set up a new phone number (email me goddesses if you want the number!) Also met with my advisor and signed up for classes. Now I need to bump my GPA up to a 2.5 or higher from a 1.67. The reason I need to get a 2.5 GPA is so that I can get into the teaching school. I need a 2.5 minimum GPA and a 265 on the C-Base (a test which is required to get into the SEMO Teaching school). I'm retaking two of the classes that I failed over the second semester of SEMO and my first semester of Meramec. I'm hoping I do better in the Cultural Anthropology course than I did on the telecourse (I somehow suspect that I will). With John's help I hope to do much better in the College Algebra. New courses is one on Economics and my fun course is Pilates. Originally I wanted to a a ceramics course or a dance cours as my fun one but the only dance class remaining filled up while we were talking about it and the Ceramics course overlapped with my other classes. I dropped below full-time (twelve hours) because I knew I needed one fun course whatever it was. I couldn't do more than twelve hours though as when I came back from a break they put me back on academic probation (which is better than academic suspension).

1 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Sounds good, kiddo! I'm so happy for you! ^_^ *big hug!*

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home