Thursday, September 09, 2004

"How Come"?

"How come we dont even talk no more,
And you dont even call no more?
We dont barely keep in touch at all!
And I don't even feel the same love when we hug no more.
And I heard it through the grape vine we even beefin' now.
After all the years we been down,
Aint no way no how, this bullsh** can be true!
We family, and aint a damn thing changed, unless it's you."

I was listening to "How Come" on Musicmatch radio (the edited version, ok?), and the thought struck me. This is kinda what it was like when we lost a good friend of ours when she decided to choose her boyfriend over our group. She didn't come around a lot before she decided to leave, and the next thing we know, she's decided to break off all contact.
After a while, I heard from her again, and she said that she wanted to keep in touch with me because I've known her for so long and I'm like a sister to her. We gab every once in a while, I keep her updated with us and she updates me on how her life is going. Hopefull, she'll eventually realize how much she misses us and wants to come back into our group.
Until then, I'm the mediator. I'm the official go-betweener for the Goddesses and Mel. She'll need a shoulder to cry on and forgiving hearts when she decides to end her relationship with her significant other and rejoin us. I don't know about everybody else, but I prefer to keep the peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Athene said...

Agreed. I don't know if she knows that we didn't believe the reason she didn't want to hang. I understand wanting to be with her bf a little more. Hey, we all agree that even if we didn't like the guy we would have kept the peace.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Moueska said...

I know that she was going through a period of change in her life- I'll buy that. But "Too mature" for us? I mean, come on. I'm the one who got told to "lighten up" for years... the only time I could be myself, be loose, was with my friends. When she dumped the group, she hurt a lot of people, Lar and Amethist especially. I really don't know if I ever want to see her again. I do think about her, and pray for her... but I don't think she'll be breaking up with David unless they both get fickle.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

You all know how much emphasis Mel placed on something a guy told her rather than a gal (aka one of us), Lar especially. Someday David will find someone else he wants and will be tired of Mel, so he'll dump her and go after the new one. When that happens, we can only hope Mel will come back to us, and T, if she contacts you and tells you she wants to come back but is afraid of the reaction she might get from the group, reassure her that we will welcome her with open arms and forgiving hearts.

11:39 AM  
Blogger T said...

Can do, Jess. I'll be sure to let her know.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home